Here's the problem with that thought, big guy... take out the first 5 SEC games that shizbag Simms started and only take in what he was arguing about Bray starting and they averaged 37.5 points a game in the last 4 games and 4 of those were SEC teams. That was an anverage of over 33 points a game against those SEC teams. I share his excitement and wonder what would have happened if they'd played the kid who could throw the ball more than 40 yards and knew he couldn't stand in the pocket for 15 seconds holding the ball. Simms had 2 td passes over 35 yards against UF. He also completed about 66% of his passes. It's a fair suggestion that Bray more than likely would have been better. UT also had about 20 less plays than UF in that game and finished with just 29 yards less offense.
As for Bray, the whole thing that 51 has in his sig annoyed the hell out of me. Peerless did something similar after the FSU game in 99 and I hold it against him to this day. It's stupid. Peerless was a SR though and Bray is an 18 year old. I don't expect that to be happening any more.
As for Poole, the coaches have told him and told him to get the ball and get up field. He likes to stop in the backfield and try to change directions in the backfield. He did that in the first quarter and I dog cussed him. After that he didn't play much. He's a decent back and I'm glad he's there but he has a little less than average speed and no moves. I wish he'd run like Hardesty did last year, get the ball and go forward as fast as you can, when you get past the DL you can think about changing directions then.
The game ****ed me off as well, I think the PF call on Jackson was garbage and even worse was that the ball was lying on the ground and they still called it a catch. The whole end of regulation scenario was more than frustrating because you can only be told you've won a game and have the kids all on the field for a handshake to be told 10-20 seconds later "SIKE" and they let them have the ball back to steal a win. 8-5 would have felt a lot better than 6-7. It wasn't a loss to Tulsa or JMU so it's not that bad. (It's always great to see that the unrelenting obessession lives on.)
It's a successful season in my eyes. I thought getting to .500 would be a good season. They had at times 7 true freshmen on the field on offense and they played hard all year although sometimes not well. If they get to 8 wins next year it's a good season IMO. 2012 they could be very good with more than 60 kids on the roster and not playing 16 freshmen.

